Dr Emma Hampson has been working in the field of psychological assessment and intervention with children and adults in a wide range of settings since 2006. Since qualifying as a clinical psychologist in 2015, her work has focused on various child orientated services including Community CAMHS, Paediatric CAMHS, Perinatal Services and Looked after children.
At Phoenix Psychology, Dr Hampson works with adults and children providing a range of assessment and therapeutic interventions. These include supporting those experiencing trauma, attachment difficulties, neurodevelopmental difficulties (such as ASD) and a range of mental health difficulties. As well as working therapeutically, Dr Hampson also delivers training for professionals.
Therapeutic support is delivered using an integrative approach, combining different therapeutic models to best meet the needs of the client. This includes the use of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), as well as the third wave CBT models such as mindfulness and compassion focused therapy.
Training and Qualifications:
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy)
- MSc in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- B.Sc. (Hons) Psychology
Accreditation to Professional Bodies:
- Registered with HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council)
- Accredited practitioner in CBT with the BABCP (British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapists)
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist (CPsychol) within the Clinical Psychology Division of the British Psychological Society (BPS)